Home : Home : RMC : FDRMC : Spain Tours : Overseas Benefits : Non-Monetary-Other : Taxes

Federal Income Tax, Social Security and Medicare State Income & Other Taxes
Each state’s tax laws vary. Please consult your state tax authority or a professional tax advisor.

If you are a U. S. citizen working for the US Government, and you are stationed abroad, your income tax filing requirements are generally the same as those for citizens and residents living in the United States. You are taxed on your worldwide income (“pay”), even though you live and work abroad. However, you may receive certain allowances and have certain expenses that you generally do not have while living in the United States, which might not be taxed.

***FDRMC Rota does not provide tax, legal or accounting advice. This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, tax, legal or accounting advice. You should consult your own tax, legal and accounting advisors for any tax, legal or accounting advice.

IRS – U.S. Government Civilian Employees Stationed Abroad

Helpful Links

Note: This page contains one or more external links. See the External Links Disclaimer.