Mission: The medical Department provides world-class medical care to the Sailors assigned to NEDU and serves as the DoD subject matter expert on medical issues related to saturation diving and diving related human subjects research.
- Provide world-class primary care medicine to our active duty Sailors.
- Maintain the highest level of medical and dental readiness in support of the command mission.
- Provide emergency support of all diving and research related injuries and illnesses.
- Staff medical deck and research technician roles for research studies.
- Maintain the knowledge base and serve as subject matter experts for both saturation diving and human subject research diving studies.
- Provide 24/7/365 medical consultancy for DoD units conducting diving operations, aviation operations, special operations, and special warfare operations.
- Provide saturation diving medicine education to fleet UMOs in order to maintain a fleet wide knowledge base and understanding of this critical capability.
Clinic Number: 850-230-3235