You can find the most current COVID-19 Questionnaire here, which is being used to screen all visitors when they enter Building 80 Visitor Control.
Everyone must wear a mask, regardless of vaccination status, inside buildings. If you are FULLY vaccinated, you do not have to wear your mask outside.
Please pay close attention to the “traveling greater than >60 miles” question. Visitors may need approval from CO/XO if they do not meet any of the exemptions below.
The following individuals are exempted from the >60 mile question:
- NUWC Employees & Permanent Seated Contractors with NUWC Newport hardcover badges
- FULLY Vaccinated Individuals (2 weeks after completion of COVID-19 vaccination regime)
- Construction employees who are working outside only / Any work being performed outside
- Individuals traveling from Boston, MA down through Groton, CT
- Individuals from Portsmouth Naval Shipyard & Bangor
- Individuals approved on ROM waiver spreadsheet
- Individuals who provide email with CO/XO approval
If you are traveling greater than 60 miles and you are not FULLY vaccinated (2 weeks after completion of COVID-19 vaccination regime), please reach out to your NUWC POC to complete a ROM waiver approval. This is routed via their Deputy Department Head, through LT Hayden, then up to the XO/CO.
Questions on ROM Waivers or COVID-19 restrictions may be addressed to the NUWC Division Newport Visitor Control at (401) 832-2152.