Mission: The engineering department ensures operational readiness of hyperbaric, environmental and life support systems used for diving, research, development and testing in a Test Pool and the Ocean Simulation Facility, the Navy's most complex diving system.
- Create and deliver various breathing gas mixtures necessary in experimental saturation diving.
- Maintain the control network of equipment used for simulating a wide range of environmental diving conditions.
- Design and fabricate custom hardware throughout all diving systems at NEDU.
- Install specialized electrical equipment, power distribution, and energy efficiency necessary for research and development.
- Initiate immediate facility action response during emergent conditions.