Mission: The mission of Unmanned Testing and Evaluation Department is to rigorously evaluate diving, hyperbaric, and life support systems for use by Department of Defense personnel.
- Operate and maintain Experimental Diving Facility (EDF)
- Test and evaluate diving and hyperbaric systems and components during development, prior to introduction for Fleet use, and periodically thereafter, as needed
- Provide advice to NAVSEA on engineering factors for diving and hyperbaric systems
- Test and evaluate new, unapproved, developmental, and commercial equipment
- Act as the technical evaluator for diving equipment involved in serious injury and/or fatal diving accidents for the U.S. Navy and other government and civilian agencies