FOIA amendments signed into law in 1994 added a requirement that agencies must establish an Electronic FOIA (EFOIA) Reading Room. The EFOIA Reading Room contains such materials as certain agency manuals, specific agency policy statements, and opinions developed in the adjudication of cases.
The information you are requesting may be located in the Electronic Reading Rooms. At NAVSEA, each major organizational component has an Electronic Reading Room. Please check the Reading Rooms before submitting a FOIA request.
Note: Some browsers will not open PDF files, if this happens right click on the link and choose "Save target as" once it downloads open the file and proceed.
Final Command Investigation into the fire onboard USS Miami (SSN 755)
NAVSEA Technical Publication - Industrial ship safety manual for fire prevention and response
5 U.S.C. § 552(a)(2)(A) Records - Final opinions and orders made in the adjudication of cases that may be cited, used, or relied upon as precedents in future adjudications:
5 U.S.C. § 552 (a)(2)(B) Records - Statements of policy and interpretations that have been adopted by the agency and are not published in the Federal Register.
5 U.S.C. § 552 (a)(2)(C) Records – Administrative staff manuals and instructions, or portions thereof, that establish DoD policy or interpretations of policy that affect the public.
5 U.S.C. § 552 (a)(2)(D) Records – Records released to the public, under the FOIA, that are or will likely become the subject of subsequent requests.
- NAVSEA Credit Card Holders List
- NAVSEA Annual Congressional Reports
- Information Sheet for Asbestos Researchers
- Certificates of Approval – (files on CD-273 pages of scanned images)
- Qualified Products List – (files on CD- 1520 pages, index & scanned QPLs)
- Ship Availability Database (SAV)- (Word summary to explain what this is and how to request from NAVSEA FOIA Office - no longer available online since it is a database)
- Occupational Safety & Health Legacy Manuals & Instructions
- Safety Precautions for Shore Activities dated June 1967 394 pages
- Safety precautions for Shore Activities dated Jan 1973 381 pages
- Safety Equipment Manual dated July 1969
- Occupational Safety & Health Legacy Manuals Supplements (Respiratory)
- Standard Organization and Regulations of the US NAVY dated 26 Sep 86 OPNAVINST 3120.32B
- General Guidance on Exemption 4