Puget Sound Naval Shipyard & Intermediate Maintenance Facility Career Opportunities
PSNS & IMF offers the following benefits:
- Competitive Salaries *
- Health and Life Insurance
- 13 to 26 days of paid vacation per year
- 13 days of sick leave per year
- Retirement Plan
* Visit www.opm.gov for salary information and www.cpms.osd.mil for wage information in the Seattle-Everett-Tacoma, Washington area.
Hiring requirements for Department of Navy:
- Must be an U.S. citizen
- 18 years of age or older at the time of hiring
- Pass security and physical fitness screenings
Satisfy position qualifications, which are determined by specialized experience, education requirements, online assessment questionnaires, or other physical and/or medical requirements.
Career opportunities include (but not limited to):
Engineering: Mechanical, Electrical, Nuclear, Chemical, Civil, Industrial, Environmental, Structural, Metallurgical, Material Science, Welding, and Naval Architecture
Trades: Crane Maintenance (Electrician/Mechanic), Electrician, Electronics Mechanic, Electronic Industrial Control Mechanic, Electroplater, Fabric Worker, General Maintenance (Helper Only), Insulator, Machinist, Marine Machinery Mechanic, Non-Destructive Test Examiner, Painter, Pipefitter, Production Machinery Mechanic, Rigger, Sheetmetal Mechanic, Shipfitter, Shipwright, Tool Maker, Utilities System Repair/Operator, Welder, and Woodcrafter
Click HERE for some trade descriptions.
- Administrative and Resource Management
- Business, Strategic Planning and Financial Operations
- Information Technology
- Project Management
- Environmental, Occupational Safety and Health Sciences
- Science and Technology
- Quality Assurance
- Lifting and Handling Operations
Available Career Programs:
- Helper Program
- Engineering Program
- Apprenticeship Program
- Work Study Program
- Pathways Internship Program
Click HERE for more information on career programs.
The U.S. Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer