Home : Home : Warfare Centers : NSWC Corona : Careers : Compensation and Benefits : Leave


NSWC Corona personnel have lunch inside the Lake Norconian Club  

NSWC Corona employees are entitled to various types of leave, including annual leave, sick leave, paid holidays, and compensatory time.

Annual Leave and Sick Leave
With each bi-weekly pay period, employees accrue annual leave and sick leave. The number of annual leave hours earned depends on the employee’s length of Federal Service, as shown below:

Length of Service

Annual Leave Accrual Rate

Less than 3 years

4 hours (13 days a year)

3 to 15 years

6 hours (20 days a year)

15 years or more

8 hours (26 days a year)

Sick Leave
Employees earn four (4) hours of sick leave each pay period, regardless of service time.

Federal Holidays
In addition to annual and sick leave, the NSWC Corona workforce receives the following eleven (11) paid holidays:                     

New Year’s Day

Labor Day

Martin Luther King, Jr.’s Birthday

Columbus Day

Washington’s Birthday

Veterans Day

Memorial Day

Thanksgiving Day


Independence Day

Christmas Day


Transferring Leave
Annual leave, sick leave, and regular compensatory time earned at another Federal agency will typically transfer with you to NSWC Corona However, travel compensatory time and credit hours do not transfer.

Donating Leave
At NSWC Corona, employees who deal with certified medical emergencies and have exhausted all their paid leave can apply to receive leave donations from other Federal employees through our Voluntary Leave Transfer Program. This program also allows employees to submit donations of annual leave directly to program participants.



The Department of Navy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor. The Department of the Navy provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. Applicant who believe they require reasonable accommodation should contact us at (951) 393-5255 for assistance.