Home : Home : Shipyards : PHNSY & IMF : FAQs

Frequently Asked Questions

For general U.S. Navy questions, please refer to http://www.navy.mil/index.asp.

For questions about Naval Station Pearl Harbor and the surrounding areas and attractions, please refer to

Q: How do I get to Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard?

A: Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard is located within the Pearl Harbor Naval Station complex, two miles southeast of the Honolulu International Airport. You can take the H-1 freeway and signs are posted directing you to Pearl Harbor. Entrance to the station is strictly for service members and Department of Defense cardholders only.

Q: How do we get in touch with Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard?

A: The mailing address is:

667 SAFEGUARD ST STE 100 Code ____
JBPHH, HI 96860-5033

The Public Affairs Office can be reached at (808) 473-8000, ext. 2577.

Q: Is Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard open for public tours?

A: Due to security restrictions, requests for tours by veterans associations, community groups, and others are considered strictly on a case-by-case basis. Alternatively, there are various museums and memorials in the Naval Station Pearl Harbor area that are open to the public. For more information on Shipyard tours, call (808) 473-8000, ext. 2577.

Q: May I take photos and/or videos within the Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard facility?

A: Due to security restrictions, photography and videography of the Shipyard is not permitted without proper security accreditation. Media representatives must contact the Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard Public Affairs Office (PAO) by phone at (808) 473-8000, ext. 2577. Other official visitors who require photography permits must contact Shipyard Security at 473-8000, ext. 3340.

Q: Our Shipyard office code would like to volunteer in a community-service project,
whom should we contact?

A: The Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard's Public Affairs Office is in charge of volunteer community-service projects. The telephone number is (808) 473-8000, ext. 2579.

Q: How do I get the telephone number to an office, command, ship or submarine?

A: The Military Operator can be contacted at (808) 449-7110 or DSN (315) 449-7110.

Q: Where can I get PCS (Permanent Change of Station) information on JBPHH (Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickham Hawaii)?

A: Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickham Hawaii maintains the web pages. Please go to http://www.militaryinstallations.dod.mil/MOS/f?p=MI:CONTENT:0::::P4_INST_ID,P4_CONTENT_DIRECTORY,P4_TAB:2200,ALL,IC.

Q: How can I find out about the different Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) events in the area?

A: Local MWR information is posted on their website at http://www.greatlifehawaii.com.

Q: How do I get information about the Pearl Harbor Fleet and Family Support Center?

A: The Pearl Harbor Fleet and Family Support Center has moved to 4827 Bougainville Drive, Honolulu, Hawaii 96818 and is located on the second deck. The new phone number is commercial:

(808) 474-1999 and DSN: (315) 474-1999.

Q: How do I reach the BEQ/BOQ (Bachelor Enlisted Quarters/Bachelor Officer Quarters)?

A: The Pearl Harbor Combined Bachelor Housing Reservations Desk is (808) 473-5983. For more information, check their website at http://www.dodlodging.net/