Coordinated by the Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP) and the Department of Defense, the Workforce Recruitment Program (WRP) is a recruitment and referral program that connects federal and private sector employers with highly motivated postsecondary students with disabilities who are eager to prove their abilities in the workplace through summer or permanent jobs.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be a current, full-time ungraduated or graduate student with a disability
- Individuals who have graduated within one year of the release of the database each December, are also eligible to apply
- MUST provide appropriate documentation to demonstrate Schedule A eligibility. For information regarding Schedule A, see the Department of Labor Schedule A Fact Sheet.
- 14 week summer program
- Program begins May and must end no later than 30 September
- Paid salary based on completion of academic semester hours and work experience at the time of the job offer
- Interviewing takes place in the Fall each year
How to Apply
For more detailed information about this program, visit the WRP website.
To apply, contact the disability services or career services coordinator at your school and ask them to contact the WRP Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please understand that NSWCDD works directly with college coordinators, and cannot respond to inquiries from individuals.