NSWCDD is committed to providing access to an array of resources for employees, and their immediate family members, in order for our people to reach their professional and personal goals. We provide career opportunities, access to excellent training and leadership development programs, wellness initiatives, and opportunities to contribute to the communities where we work and live.
NSWCDD knows that in today's fast-paced environment it is more important than ever for our employees to balance their personal lives and professional careers.
Employee Assistance Program
The Department of Navy Civilian Employee Assistance Program (DONCEAP) is available to government civilian employees and their family members. DONCEAP provides free resources and certified consultants to assist you with work-life balance (childcare, eldercare, family planning, education, and more). It also provides access to licensed counselors who can provide free short-term counseling for issues like family or relationship concerns, problems at work, or legal/financial troubles.
Transportation Incentive Program (TIP)
The Transportation Incentive Program (TIP) helps eligible federal employees expand their commuting options while reducing their commuting costs and environmental impact. TIP participants are eligible for reimbursement up to $300 per month (parking fees not included) for commuting from their residence to their duty station via pre-approved mass transit transportation methods.
GovX Discount Site
GovX is a website providing exclusive shopping, tickets, and travel discounts to military and federal employees.
Morale, Welfare & Recreation Opportunities
Morale, Welfare & Recreation (MWR) provides a diverse program of activities on base that is available to federal employees. On-base amenities include:
- Fitness A Fitness Center features circuit and weight training, group classes, racquetball, and basketball courts. Employees can also utilize the tennis courts, baseball fields, and year-round aquatic center.
- Banking The Topside Federal Credit Union is conveniently located on base with full banking services, including checking and savings accounts, credit cards, and loans.
- Theater The Theater is open to all with base access and can be reserved for private showings, including birthday parties.
- Bowling Alley The Bowling Alley features 10-lanes, youth and adult leagues, as well as rental options for private parties.
- Discounted Tickets & Travel MWR offers discount tickets to attractions such as amusement parks, sporting events, sightseeing destinations, ski resorts, and local movie theaters.
- Dependent Care Our Child and Youth Programs are here to make sure high quality and affordable childcare is readily available for NSWCDD families.
For our Dahlgren location, check out NavyMWRDahlgren and for our Dam Neck location, check out NavyMWRDamNeck.
About our Area
- Dahlgren, Virginia
- Dam Neck, Virginia