Direct Hiring Authorities – Public Advertisement
In an effort to maximize the Direct Hire Authorities (DHAs) available for expedited appointment into various career fields with the Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC) Crane Division, we directly solicit resumes from qualified candidates for potential future vacancies using the full-range of DHAs:
- Financial Management Experts
- Post-Secondary Students and Recent Graduates
- Select Technical Acquisition and Science & Engineering (S&E) Degree Candidates
- Defense Industrial Base Facilities Positions Supporting Depot Work (i.e., Technicians, etc.)
- Information Technology Management (Information Security)
- Veteran Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematic and Technician
- Veteran’s Recruitment Act (VRA) – Learn More Here
- 30% More Disabled Veteran – Learn More Here
- Schedule A Hiring Authority for Individuals with Disabilities – Learn More Here
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates submit resumes to email@example.com or join our talent community.
These are used as resume drop boxes for potential future vacancies. You will only be contacted if we have a vacancy and need additional information or wish to schedule a phone or personal interview with you.
Please continue to search www.USAJOBs.gov and apply online for vacancies filled using other competitive hiring authorities."
How Resumes will be Evaluated
You will be considered based on your academic and career goals. Your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities as they relate to the position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your experience.
Post-secondary students being considered for positions that have positive education requirements must be enrolled in a degree program which will allow them to meet the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) qualification standards at the time of conversion.
Basic position qualifications are outlined in Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualifications Standards:
Position Series, Grade, and Title (Career Field)
- ND-0801-01/02/03/04/05, General Engineering
- ND-0806-01/02/03/04/05, Materials Engineering
- ND-0830-01/02/03/04/05, Mechanical Engineering
- ND-0850-01/02/03/04/05, Electrical Engineering
- ND-0854-01/02/03/04/05, Computer Engineering
- ND-0855-01/02/03/04/05, Electronics Engineering
- ND-0861-01/02/03/04/05, Aerospace Engineering
- ND-0893-01/02/03/04/05, Chemical Engineering
- ND-0896-01/02/03/04/05, Industrial Engineering
- NT-0950-01/02/03/04/05, Paralegal Specialist
- ND-1301-01/02/03/04/05, General Physical Science
- ND-1306-01/02/03/04/05, Health Physics
- ND-1310-01/02/03/04/05, Physics
- ND-1320-01/02/03/04/05, Chemistry
- ND-1501-01/02/03/04/05, General Mathematics and Statistics
- ND-1515-01/02/03/04/05, Operations Research
- ND-1520-01/02/03/04/05, Mathematics
- NT-0018-01/02/03/04/05, Safety Specialist
- NT-0802-01/02/03/04/05, Engineering Technical
- NT-0856-01/02/03/04/05, Electronics Technical
- NT-0201-01/02/03/04/05, Human Resource Management
- NT-0301-01/02/03/04/05, Miscellaneous Administration and Program
- NT-0341-01/02/03/04/05, Administrative Officer
- NT-0343-01/02/03/04/05, Management and Program Analysis
- NT-0346-01/02/03/04/05, Logistics Management
- NT-0501-01/02/03/04/05, Financial Administration and Program
- NT-0510-01/02/03/04/05, Accounting
- NT-1102-01/02/03/04/05, Contracting
- NG-1105-01/02/03/04/05, Purchasing
- NT-2210-01/02/03/04/05, Information Technology Management
- Student Positions: For student series, the last two numbers of the job series change to "99" while a student. For example, a Logistics Management student is a 0399; an Electrical Engineering student is a 0899. Upon graduation, the occupational title and series of the position change to the standard shown above.
Please continue to search www.USAJOBs.gov and apply online for any vacancies of interest.
Promotion Potential: Varies based on individual position. Promotion potential is indicated on the job offer.
Geographic Location: Varies based on individual position; however, the majority of positions are located at Crane, Indiana. Geographic location is indicated on the job offer.
We recruit at college, university, affinity group, and career job fairs throughout the year. We post upcoming events on our NSWC Crane Careers social media sites. Be sure to like and follow our Careers pages if you are interested in speaking with a recruiter at an event.
- Website: http://www.navsea.navy.mil/Home/WarfareCenters/NSWCCrane.aspx
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NSWCCrane
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/NAVSEACrane
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/NSWCCraneDivision
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/navseacrane/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/24782834/