BREMERTON, Wash. —
Job seekers interested in joining the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard & Intermediate Maintenance Facility team can apply for one of more than 900 entry-level positions the shipyard hopes to hire during a recruitment effort that begins today.
Recruitment announcements with application instructions will be available today on the USAJOBS.gov website. The opportunity to apply will expire at 8:59 p.m. locally (11:59 p.m. EST) Monday, May 11.
In recent years, periodic trainee hiring at the shipyard has provided the most common route for members of the general public to join the shipyard workforce. This recruitment effort will fill a total of more than 900 trainee positions in these fields:
- Ship Inactivation and Dismantler. Those hired will assist in dismantling, removing and disposing of materials and equipment. The recruitment announcement for these positions is USAJOBS announcement number DE-10808822-20-MTK.
- Tool and Parts Attendant. Those hired will conduct inventories of tools and parts, receive incoming items and store items in specifically designated locations. The recruitment announcement for these positions is USAJOBS announcement number DE-10808821-20-MTK.
- Helper (Various Trades). Those hired will assist more experienced trade workers by performing the simpler duties in these trades. The recruitment announcement for these positions is USAJOBS announcement number DE-10808824-20-MTK.
- Materials Expediter. Those hired will assist in keeping production workers supplied with tools, material and equipment as required during work. The recruitment announcement for these positions is USAJOBS announcement number DE-10808823-20-MTK.
Applicants must apply for all four positions if they want to be considered for all the available jobs as part of this recruitment effort.
Everyone hired as part of this effort will be placed in a “full-time seasonal” status, meaning that they could be placed in a non-pay status at the end of peak work periods and recalled when the shipyard’s workload increases.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a United States citizen;
- Be 18 years of age or older at the time of hire; and
- Be able to pass security and physical fitness requirements of the position.
Successful applicants will be hired at grade WG-01 and will become eligible for promotion up to WG-05, with a salary range of $17.35 to $23.34 hourly. They will also be eligible for a complete package of benefits, including competitive salaries, on-the-job learning, paid tuition, health and life insurance, comprehensive retirement plan, 13 to 26 days of vacation per year, 13 days of sick leave per year, and 10 paid holidays per year.
Complete details on eligibility, qualifications, benefits and application instructions will be contained in the online recruiting announcements for each position.
PSNS & IMF employs more than 14,000 Sailors and civilians who accomplish the shipyard’s mission to maintain, modernize and retire the U.S. Navy’s fleet.