RLSS training provides technical knowledge required to perform laser range
hazard evaluations and calculations for laser range certification. An RLSS must
successfully complete an ALA/LNTL-approved RLSS course. TLSO certification is a
pre-requisite for the RLSS course. An RLSS is qualified to:
- Conduct laser radiation hazard surveys and evaluations for commanding
- Perform the calculations and measurements required to certify a laser range.
- Train ALSOs and RLSSs using the ALA-approved course curriculum.
(Qualification of instructors requires ALA/LNTL approval.)
- Conduct technical aspects of laser range incident investigations.
- Perform the same tasks as a TLSO.