Commander, Navy Regional Maintenance Center (CNRMC) is a Naval Sea Systems (NAVSEA) command field activity, headquartered in Norfolk, Va. The command was established on Dec. 15, 2010 to oversee the Navy's four Regional Maintenance Centers (RMCs) and two detachment sites in their execution of surface ship maintenance and modernization. Their primary focus in surface maintenance is providing combat-ready ships from a maintenance and material condition perspective to the fleet and type commanders to execute the missions of the ships.
The command is responsible for coordinating the depot- and intermediate-level maintenance of the Navy's surface fleet, and for resourcing the many requirements necessary to meet the demanding schedule of ship maintenance availabilities that keep the Navy's warships materially ready for action.
CNRMC is the Immediate Superior in Command (ISIC) for each of the direct report Regional Maintenance Centers:
- Mid- Atlantic Regional Maintenance Center (MARMC) in Norfolk, Virginia
- Southeast Regional Maintenance Center (SERMC) in Mayport, Florida
- Southwest Regional Maintenance Center (SWRMC) in San Diego, California
- Forward Deployed Regional Maintenance Center (FDRMC) headquartered in Naples, Italy with Detachments in Manama, Bahrain & Rota Spain
CNRMC is also responsible for the coordination of Intermediate-Level (I-Level) maintenance activities at RMC Northwest at Puget Sound Naval Shipyard in Washington and the Hawaii RMC embedded in the Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard and Intermediate Maintenance Facility.
With 160-plus Navy ships in commission, there is a constant demand signal for RMCs to provide the Surface Fleet with maintenance and repair support to keep them operationally ready and help ensure they meet their Expected Service Life (ESL).
The RMCs' Primary Workload includes:
- Chief of Naval Operations (CNO) Maintenance Availabilities
- Continuous Maintenance Availabilities (CMAVs)
- Modernization Work
- Emergent Repairs
- Voyage Repairs
- Total Ship Readiness Assessment (TSRA) events
- INSURV preparation
- Navy Afloat Maintenance Training Strategy (NAMTS) in-rate training for RMC Sailors
- Maintenance Assist Team ship repair support