14th BIANNUAL NUCLEAR TRIAD AND ADVANCED CONVENTIONAL STRIKE SYMPOSIUM- April 10-11, 2017
This year's 14th Biannual Nuclear Triad and Advanced Conventional Strike Symposium will be hosted and sponsored by the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Crane Division (NSWC Crane) at the West Gate Academy, in Odon, IN on April 11, 2017. It will highlight the center's invaluable work through collaboration with the United States Air Force and Navy, in pursuit of both strategic nuclear modernization and other key conventional strike technological requirements.
The Department of Defense, Navy and Air Force will address current plans to modernize US systems through collaborative cost effective solutions for our nation's nuclear deterrent. We will explore the prospects for NSWC Crane and Universities to develop solutions for conventional hypersonics and prompt global conventional strike as well as the potential to build partnerships with experts across United States defense community including defense Industry partners, the Department of Defense, Air Force and Navy.
NSWC Crane and both DOD and industry leadership will provide an update on their efforts to support our nation's warfighters by providing critical strategic hardware engineering to the Navy, Air Force, NNSA and OSD, as well as how such technologies support our defense strategy and the challenges we face bringing them to the battlefield.
The event will feature presentations by:
- Peter Huessy, Director of Strategic Deterrent Studies Mitchell Institute
- Duane Embree, Indiana Office of Defense Development
- Vice Admiral Terry Benedict, USN, Director, Naval Strategic Systems Programs (SSP) (Confirmed)
- Lieutenant General Arnold Bunch Jr, Military Deputy, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition (Confirmed)
- Mr. Dyke Weatherington, Performing the duties of Assistant Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics (Confirmed)
- Kenneth S. Callicut, Director of Capability and Resource Integration, U.S. Strategic Command (Confirmed)
- Members of the Indiana Congressional Delegation
- A top representative of the State of Indiana
- Senior NSWC Crane experts
- Defense Industry
When: Tuesday April 11, 2017 from 7:30-4:00 PM.
Where: WestGate Academy, 13598 E. WestGate Drive, Odon, Indiana 47562. The academy is adjacent to the NSWC Crane and is a 45 minute drive from Bloomington. NSWC Crane is the third largest naval base in the world employing more than 6000 professionals.