Step 1: Locate a Job Opening within NAVSEA on USAJOBS.gov
To search for vacancy announcements, go to USAJOBS.gov and select the ‘Search Jobs’ option on the top of the screen and select ‘Basic Search’ or ‘Advanced Search.’
- Basic Search: For a quick and effective way to search for broad career opportunities at NAVSEA, visit the USAJOBS homepage to search for positions based on location and keywords.
- Advanced Search: Select the ‘Advanced Search’ button on the USAJOBS homepage. Fill in as many parameters as possible to ensure you get the results you want.
- to search for opportunities at NAVSEA, enter "Naval Sea Systems Command" under Department and Agency.
- to search for opportunities in Bahrain, Spain, or Italy, select "United States Fleet Forces Command" under Agency
in the Department & Agency filter and Europe and/or Middle East in the location search area.
- to search for trade positions at our shipyards, enter "shipyard" as a keyword.
- select "Federal Employees" instead of U.S. citizens in the upper left if you are an existing federal employee or former federal employee with three or more years of service.
Step 2: Create a free USAJOBS account
To apply for a NAVSEA job, you will need to create a free account with USAJOBS and build a résumé.
**NOTE: If you already have a USAJOBS account with a current résumé, skip the next series of steps and proceed to Part 4: Complete the Online Application.
Part 3: Build a Résumé
Creating a Résumé with USAJOBS Résumé Builder
**NOTE: NAVSEA only accepts résumés that were created using the USAJOBS Résumé Builder.
While you may have your own résumé or chronological job history, the USAJOBS Résumé Builder ensures that all applicants' résumés appear in a consistent and uniform format. As you create your résumé in the Résumé Builder, remember to provide evidence that your experience aligns to the particular position you are pursuing.
Uploading a Résumé
To upload a résumé, click “Upload New Résumé” on the “Résumés” page
Part 4: Complete the Online Application
**NOTE: Applicants anticipating special consideration must also submit the following:
Veterans: Submit documentation supporting your claim to veterans' preference and eligibility.
Current or former Federal employees: Submit the latest Standard Form 50, Notification of Personnel Action and document career or career conditional status. Applicants eligible under Special Appointing Authority such as Veterans Recruitment Authority, 30% Disabled Veterans Hiring Authority and Schedule A: Various documents may be required to verify applicant eligibility. Refer to the announcement for specific details.