Partnership Intermediaries are Not-For-Profit entities or agencies which are owned, chartered, funded and operated by a State or local government. These intermediaries, commonly refered to as PIA Partners, assist, counsel, advise and/or evaluate small businesses and educational institutions to determine if the business or institution can benefit from technology-related assistance from a Federal Laboratory.
PIA Partners can assist businesses and academia in several ways including:
- Assisting companies with learning the 'interests' of NSWC Crane
- Showcasing Crane's innovations and assisting companies with licensing or collaborating on Patents/Intellectual Property
- Highlighting technologies and capabilities of the business/institution that are of interest to Crane
- Providing assistance in developing funding program proposals
Current NSWC Crane PIA Partners are:
- Battery Innovation Center (BIC)
- OrthoWorx, LLC.
- Indiana University
- State of Indiana
- Radius Indiana
- Ivy Tech Community College-Bloomington, IN
- Purdue University
- The Growth Alliance For Greater Evansville (GAGE)
- Purdue Research Foundation
- NineTwelve Institute, Inc.
- Indiana Innovation Institute (IN3)
- Wright Brothers Institute
- Dimension Mill, Inc. (DMI)