30 DAYS FROM DEPARTURE
- Pack for express shipment and pack for house hold goods shipment
- If you have not read this information yet please refer to:
- Coordinate with HR in Japan to turn in voucher for temporary housing.
- The employee shall prepare to close out with housing and utilizes.
- The employee/family should make arrangements for temporary housing stateside if needed.
14 DAYS FROM DEPARTURE
- HRO creates a RPA
- The employee/family should notify the DOD school(s) of departure.
- The DoD schools are very good at checking your children out and mailing the student’s record to the next school. You WILL have to provide the address of the new school so please get that information before going to the DoD school for checkout.
- The employee/family should sell any personally owned vehicle or pay to “junk” it. For more information see: http://cnic.navy.mil/regions/cnrj/installations/cfa_yokosuka/om/security/vehicle_registation.html
10 DAYS FROM DEPARTURE
- Your gaining command sponsor should coordinate a time for the assigned supervisor to meet with the returning employee on the first of their return. Contact your sponsor if you have not gotten this information.
- The employee/family move in to Navy Lodge (10 day maximum stay).
- If necessary, the employee/family should make arrangements to close out bank accounts. Remember to set the closing date far enough out to collect your final pay check, normally 2-3 weeks after departure.
- The employee should print out their Information Assurance training certificate to bring with them so they do not need to repeat the same training at their home command.
- The employee should fill out and submit a SAAR form OPNAV 5239/14. This form along with mandatory training puts the employee back into their previous NMCI account.
- The employee should contact the gaining command’s HRO.
- We will provide contact info on this site soon. Please check back with us regularly
- The employee should arrange for transportation from the airport to either the permanent or temporary lodging.
- The employee shall accomplish the checkout process from their command in Japan.
- See your local admin/manpower office for checkout forms and process
- Check out of Navy Lodge on day of departure.
- Get to the airport!!!
Narita International Airport Shuttle
- The Bus office is located on the first floor of the PSD building (1555). Office hours are 0730-1800 on regular weekdays, and 0730-1430 on weekends and holidays.
- Shuttle #1 - 10:00 Departure Time
- Shuttle #2 - 12:30 Departure Time
- Shuttle #3 - 14:30 Departure Time
- Please note that you MUST provide a copy of your orders upon check-in at Yokosuka and Narita. Without a copy of your orders, you will be designated space available.
Make Reservations for Narita Shuttle
Yokota Air Station
- Yokota Shuttle Bus (No reservation needed. Bring a copy of your orders for them to keep
- Check-in Time -----0730. Departure Time (from Yokosuka) ----0800
- Yokota AMC Terminal: 225-5661
- Yokota Operator/AMC: 042-552-2511 (EXT. 55661)
Current schedule see Commander Fleet Activities – Yokota Shuttle Bus info
How Do I process out through Japanese Immigration at Yokota? (As of Mar 09, 2016)
- The Japanese immigration office at Yokota is located a short walk (approx 15-20 minutes each way) from the terminal. To get there; go left out of the terminal toward the gate. Take the crosswalk toward the gate. Remain on the sidewalk inside the rails. Continue on and stay left until you see the foot bridge across Route 16. Cross the bridge and go to the gate on the other side of Route 16. Take the cross walk to the other side of the gate and go out the gate. Follow the sidewalk to the left about 200 yards to the end of the fence, to the left about 50 ft. is the small immigration building (0500 to 2200 7 days a week).
- Warning: The stamp out is only good for the calendar date of the stamp. For example, if you go to immigration and receive a stamp dated 13 Mar 09, it is only valid for THAT day. The stamp is no longer valid for the next day. If you wish to stand a Space "A" roll call for a flight leaving early in the morning the next day, you may go to immigration the day prior and get your passport stamped with "tomorrow's date", however you would not be able to leave the day prior.
- The terminal rules require that you declare yourself present before roll call and be travel ready at roll call, stamped out, all documents in order, bags at hand. After selection, you will proceed directly to check in and get a boarding pass. You will not be allowed to leave the terminal after selection for a flight. Check with the Pax Reps if this is still the procedure as there have been reports of folks clearing immigration after being selected for a flight.
FIRST WEEK UPON ARRIVAL
During the first week upon arrival at your CONUS Command complete the following:
- The employee shall report to the designated gate to meet with sponsor or other designated personnel.
- The employee will need to immediately get processed through security.
- Meet with administrative personnel for the gaining department. The administrative personnel shall help with direct Deposit, W4’s, Emergency contact info, change of address, and turn in of your (and your family) Government/no-fee (maroon) passport(s).
- Check in with their assigned supervisor.
- Check in through Code 600 to complete the following items:
- Turn in direct deposit with payroll, W4, and change of address.
- Government Credit Card changed to new command.
- DTS hierarchy change – This needs to be done prior to completion of the travel orders.
- En-Route Travel Orders
- Mass transit incentive program (TIP pass)
- Renew their common access card at Personnel Support Detachment (PSD).
- Go to the IT department, Code 1230, for computer access and cell phone if necessary.
- Meet with their training coordinator to determine and schedule required training.
- Get vehicle pass / stickers at Pass and ID.
- Dispensary – The employee should periodically check to see if their medical records have been received at the dispensary.
FIRST 1 TO 4 WEEKS AFTER ARRIVAL
Within the first 1 to 4 weeks after arrival at your CONUS Command the following items should be completed:
- The employee and family should receive their express shipment.
- The employee and family should receive their shipment non-temporary storage.
- The employee and family should receive their house hold goods shipment.
- Complete TQSE voucher (after 30 days).
- Re-establish household
- Re-establish personal finances
- Children back in school
- Review Health Insurance (you can change during open season)
- Complete the Process Improvement Feedback form to improve this process for future use.