Trident Refit Facility at Bangor
Trident Refit Facility (TRF) was established on July 31, 1981, as the primary maintenance facility for the West Coast Trident submarine fleet. In 1998, then known as Trident Refit Facility, Bangor, consolidated with Shore Intermediate Maintenance Activity (SIMA), Everett and its detachment Bremerton, and became IMF. On May 15, 2003, IMF consolidated with Puget Sound Naval Shipyard and became Puget Sound Naval Shipyard and Intermediate Maintenance Facility, and retained its major command status as the IMF portion of PSNS and IMF incorporating the 600 military service members. It was renamed Trident Refit Facility on Nov. 15, 2018.
TRF, with its fully integrated work force of civilian and military personnel, supports ships, aircraft carriers, and submarines in the Pacific Northwest. They have expertise in hull, mechanical, electrical, electronics, and weapons systems repair. IMF responds to meeting the fleet's maintenance and repair needs with on-time, cost-effective, and quality service.
TRF is the leader in training Sailors in critical skills within the journeyman mechanical rates using the Navy Afloat Maintenance Training Strategy (NAMTS) program to ensure essential at-sea repairs and refurbishments of major systems can be completed without the need to return to port for corrective maintenance.
The Delta Pier at Bangor, so named because of its triangular configuration, can support five SSBNs at one time. It has one of the largest drydocks built by the Navy and is the only drydock in the world constructed parallel to the shoreline.
TRF was recognized by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) as a Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) Star Site on January 15, 2009, and was recertified on October 19, 2012.
Driving Directions from Seattle-Tacoma International Airport to Intermediate Maintenance Facility
Military and Civilian Links
Bangor Area Links *
- Bremerton Chamber of Commerce - Events, history, map, and other information about Bremerton.
- Kitsap County - Official County Government site which includes links to various Kitsap County points of interest.
- Kitsap Transit - Kitsap Transit Bus Schedule, Washington State Ferries, Horluck Ferry Schedule, Terminal Parking, etc.
- Kitsap Peninsula Visitor & Convention Bureau - Attractions and activities information for local areas, including: Bainbridge, North Kitsap (Hansville, Port Gamble, Kingston, Suquamish, Indianola, Poulsbo, Keyport), Central Kitsap (Silverdale, Bremerton, Seabeck), South Kitsap (Port Orchard, Manchester, Harper, Southworth, Olalla) and North Mason (Belfair).
Surrounding Community Sites *
Washington State Links
* Please Note: The appearance of external hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the United States Department of Defense, the United States Department of the Navy and Puget Sound Naval Shipyard and Intermediate Maintenance Facility of the linked web sites, or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) sites, the United States Department of Defense, the Department of the Navy and Puget Sound Naval Shipyard and Intermediate Maintenance Facility does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this DoD web site.