Capt. John P. Robinson, United States Navy
Surface Combat Systems Center is a unique shore installation that provides the best maritime and littoral environment, operational team, high-fidelity combat systems and platform sensors, along with the ability to connect with ships, aircraft, and other land-based sites for Surface Navy testing, training, and support of deployed surface combat systems, advanced systems under development, warfare systems integration, interoperability, and at-sea testing and exercises.
Who we are . . .
Located on the Atlantic Ocean adjacent to the military's Virginia's Capes OPAREA, we are the ideal location to conduct unobstructed and uninterrupted engineering, testing, and training exercises in the presence of sea clutter and reflectivity. our team of 400+ military, civilian,
and contractor personnel provide high quality engineering and technical support to enable effective combat systems engineering, testing,
and training in an operational setting.
What we do . . .
- Provide live integrated warfare systems in a maritime environment for fleet operations, testing, evaluation, training, research and development.
- Provide an operational team and high fidelity combat systems suites with platform specific radars and sensors in an operational environment.
- Provide labs for Strike Group Inter-operability testing as well as research and development projects.
SCSC provides live integrated warfare systems in a maritime environment for fleet operations, testing, evaluation, training, research and development.
SCSC, Wallops Island has 90 military and 58 civilian employees and more than 250 contractors.
Surface Combat Systems Center is located at NASA Wallops Flight Facility on Wallops Island, Virginia's Eastern Shore. The area surrounding
our base is very rural, composed of a quiet and friendly community. SCSC is composed of military, civil service, and contractor personnel.
Our base atmosphere is remarkably friendly and our highly complex facility is second to none when it comes to efficiency, customer service,
and handling of operational commitments.
Command Points of Contact:
- Command Duty Officer - (757) 894-0769
- Commanding Officer - (757) 824-2272
- Executive Director - (757) 824-1669
- Executive Officer - (757) 824-2067
- Command Master Chief - (757) 824-2577
- Security Officer - (757) 824-2046 FAX: (757) 824-2059
- Public Affairs Officer - (757) 824-1692
Security is open from 0800-1530 (Monday - Friday) located in the Headquarters building (R-30). After 1530, contact the Command Duty
Officer (757) 894-0769
Visitor Information to Surface Combat Systems Center