|Who we are
NAVSEA 05C, which is part of the Naval Systems Engineering Directorate (SEA 05), provides cost engineering and industrial analysis support to the Naval Sea Systems Command. The NAVSEA 05C organizational staff includes 60 highly professional and motivated engineers, operations research analysts and other technical professionals and administrative staff.
What we do
Serve as the Command's, Command-supported PEOs', and the Navy's authority in the broad professional field of cost engineering and industrial base analysis for ships, ship-related combat systems, and weapons.
- Assist in the Command decision process for planning, budgeting and acquisition of combatant, amphibious, and auxiliary ships and Navy-designed commercial ships.
- Provide cost engineering support for formal decision reviews such as Defense Acquisition Board (DAB) review process including Analysis of Alternatives (AoA) studies.
- Participate in contract proposal evaluations and the source selection process for selecting builders and suppliers of ships and weapon systems.
- Conduct economic analyses of ship, combat system, weapons and equipment acquisition to include analysis and forecasting of labor, industrial and technical trends as they impact the overall process. Provide cost and economic analysis in support of industrial base assessments.
- Support life cycle costing of NAVSEA acquisitions and ensure a life cycle perspective in the costing process.
- Prepare independent cost Estimates-At-Completion (EACs) for Major Acquisition Programs and support the development of the statutorily required Independent Cost Estimates (ICEs).
- Provide cost analysis and estimates to other government agencies.
- Serve as coordinator for cost research projects for the Command.
- Serve as coordinator for the Defense Priorities and Allocations System (DPAS) for the Command.