I want to encourage everyone to remain vigilant when it comes to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Everyone must do their part to protect themselves, their loved ones, and their extended NAVSEA family.
~ NAVSEA Commander, VADM William Galinis
Defense Health Agency Appointing Portal (DAP) - COVID-19 vaccination scheduling for ONLY those people who have a CAC, DOD ID, or are on TRICARE are eligible for the vaccine through this portal.
The novel coronavirus pandemic presents an opportunity for malicious actors to conduct spearphishing campaigns, financial scams, and disinformation campaigns via social media to collect sensitive information, steal money via fake donation websites, spread false information, and deliver malware to victims.
NOV. 30, 2020, the department released the memo for Extension of Maximum Telework Flexibilities extending the limited exception to policy provided by the USD memorandum on March 8, 2020. See that memo here.
ANTIVIRUS HOME USE PROGRAM
DISA completed a contract for the Anti-virus for Home Use program. The URL for Home use Anti-virus is: https://www.disa.mil/Cybersecurity/Network-Defense/Antivirus/Home-Use.
If you need a collaboration site that doesn’t require VPN, recommend the use of MilSuite. https://www.milsuite.mil
USE OF COMMERCIAL VOICE AND VIDEO CAPABILITIES
CYBER HYGIENE BEST PRACTICES
With many of us teleworking, it’s critical that we continue to practice proper cyber hygiene to ensure we do not open ourselves and the Navy’s networks to attack. Here is a quick list of “Do” and “Don’ts:”
- DO REBOOT your machines PRIOR to connecting to the VPN
- DO NOT use Social Media to post about your work scenarios/situation, how you are connected or any of our capacity, capabilities or limitations
- DO NOT stand up your own commercial collaboration capabilities (Zoom, Slack, WEBEX, etc.)
- DO NOT open unknown attachments while teleworking.
- DO NOT browse the internet while connected via the VPN unless required.
- DO NOT connect thumb drives to your computer. USCYBERCOM is detecting a spike in unauthorized USB connections into machines connecting remotely. This WILL DISABLE your machine until it is analyzed. This impacts operations and creates extra work for our service desk.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO?
WHAT IS NAVSEA DOING TO HELP MITIGATE THE SPREAD OF COVID-19?
On 8 MAR 20, the Office of the Undersecretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness sent out civilian personnel guidance tied to COVID-19. NAVSEA will continue to align with higher headquarters in how we approach preparing for and responding to COVID-19. With that in mind, here is some general guidance:
All employees who are telework-ready should be prepared to telework should their worksite close – this is a Continuity of Operations (COOP) requirement.