Commander Alan Dunn is a native of Muskogee, OK.
• JUN 89 – DEC 89; Recruit Training & OS A School
• DEC 89 – OCT 94; USS Belleau Wood (LHA 3), San Diego, CA. CIC Watch Supervisor
• NOV 90 – NOV 91; USS New Orleans (LPH-11), San Diego, CA. CIC Watch Supervisor (TAD)
• OCT 94 – NOV 97; Tactical Air Control Squadron 12 Detachment Westpac Alfa, Sasebo, Japan. Air Intercept Controller, Enlisted Surface/Air Warfare Specialist
• JAN 98 – DEC 01; Commander Amphibious Group ONE, Okinawa, Japan. Schedules Officer
On 01 JAN 02, CDR Dunn was Commissioned as a 6120 Operations Technical Limited Duty Officer at a ceremony at White Beach, Okinawa. Since his commissioning, he has served as a Naval Officer at the following commands:
• MAR 02 – MAR 04; Naval Ocean Processing Facility, Virginia Beach, VA. Watch Officer/Training Officer, IUSS Qualified
• JUN 04 – JUN 06; USS Arleigh Burke (DDG 51), Norfolk VA. CIC Officer, Asst. Operations Officer, SWO Qualified
• JUN 06 – MAR 09; Surface Warfare Development Group, Norfolk, VA, Surface Readiness Effectiveness Action Officer
• MAR 07 – NOV 07; Individual Augment, US CENTCOM, Watch Stander
• APR 09 – SEP11; USS BATAAN (LHD 5), Norfolk VA. Assistant Operations Officer, Operations Officer, TAO
• OCT 11 – AUG 13; FACSFAC VACAPES & FFAECC, Virginia Beach VA. Operations Officer, Schedules Officer, Security Manager, FFAECC Director|• AUG 13 – FEB 14; JICO School (MAGIC, Planner, JICO)
• FEB 14 – FEB 16; Center for Surface Combat Systems Unit Dam Neck, Virginia Beach, VA. AEGIS Ashore Team Trainer (AATT), Program Manager
• FEB 16 – MAR 18; Commander Undersea Surveillance, Virginia Beach, VA. , Operations Officer
• APR 18 – Present; Surface Combat Systems Center Wallops Island, VA. Executive Officer
CDR Dunn’s personal awards include the Navy Commendation Medal (nine awards), Joint Service Achievement Medal, and Navy Achievement Medal (four awards).
In April 2018, CDR Dunn reported to Surface Combat Systems Center, Wallops Island, Virginia as Executive Officer.