CLICK HERE FOR A COMPREHENSIVE PCS CHECKLIST
What you need to know
Ship Repair Facility and Japan Regional Maintenance Center (SRF-JRMC) with Puget Sound Naval Shipyard and Intermediate Maintenance Facility (PSNS&IMF) Detachment Yokosuka, Japan repair and maintain America’s only forward deployed carrier. SRF-JRMC is also responsible for the twenty-one surface combatants forward deployed to Yokosuka and Sasebo, Japan.
Live the experience of a lifetime in a fast-paced, challenging civil service ship maintenance position that will strengthen and accelerate your professional development, expertise and skill set while promoting peace, regional cooperation, and stability in the Pacific.
Why serve in Japan?
- You can make a difference!
- Your Navy in Japan: Japan is home to the U.S. Pacific Fleet's only foward-deployed fleet - U.S. SEVENTH Fleet
- How can you serve? By filling a challenging Japan-based ship maintenance position
- Where can you serve in Japan?
Living in Japan offers untold opportunities for travel seldom available to most people. Japan is at your doorstep with all of Asia next door! Immerse yourself in new cultures, visit any number of World Heritage sites, and soak up new sights, sounds and tastes. Deciding where to go will be one of your greatest challenges!
Voices of Experience
- “From a career standpoint it has been a great experience. The work has been challenging and fast-paced and has pushed me to make quicker and more accurate engineering decisions.”
- “Coming to Japan is a great family experience. Great for kids, school, sports activities.”
- “SRF is a great place to work. Japan is AMAZING!”
Brought to you by:
The Japan Sustainment Community of Practice (JSCoP) and the Manning Sustainment Team MST
For local information about working and living in Japan, follow us on Facebook
Informational videos from past and present SRF-JRMC employees about working and living in Japan.