Puget Sound Naval Shipyard and Intermediate Maintenance Facility (PSNS & IMF) is pleased to announce, in partnership with Southwest Regional Maintenance Center, NAVAIR's Fleet Readiness Center Southwest, Portsmouth Naval Shipyard Point Loma Detachment and Southwestern College; a four-year, accredited, co-operative education opportunity.
Who Can Apply?
An individual who:
- is 18 years of age or older at time of hire
- is able to show proof of U.S. Citizenship
- meets Security and Physical Fitness requirements
Apprentice (Trainee) Program
FAQs & Helpful Links
How to Apply to the Student Trainee Program (Apprentice)
Note: Applications for the 2012 class were only accepted until February 19th, 2012. Applications submitted outside the open dates will not be considered. All previous applications will not be considered.
To be eligible for employment consideration, applicants must meet all eligibility requirements. This includes the next five steps.
You must complete and send in the following items:
The Student Trainee Supplemental Form
Veterans Preference (If Applicable)
- A current resume (must include: Name, Address, Phone Number and E-Mail Address)
- The Veterans' Preference Act of 1944 authorizes the collection of documentation to determine whether you are entitled to veterans' preference. You must provide the DD-214 member 4 copy, "Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty." If claiming 10-point preference, you will need to submit an Application of 10-point Veteran Preference (Standard Form 15) and supporting documentation.
Submit required items to:Email all completed forms to:
firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred method)
Or fax to: 360-476-6669Or mail to: (must be postmarked by February 19, 2012)
Human Resources Office, Code 1110
Attn: Apprentice & Helper
PSNS & IMF
1400 Farragut Avenue
Bremerton, WA 98314-5001
You must also:
- Apply for Admission to Southwestern Community College
- Schedule an appointment for a college placement assessment
Note: If you live >250 miles from Chula Vista, CA, you may take the ACCUPLACER or COMPASS assessment locally and submit your new scores to Southwestern College for external assessment.
General Student Trainee Program (Apprentice) Information
- Competitive Salaries
- Regular Raises
- Advancement Opportunities
- Full Time Employment
- On-the-Job Learning (OJL)
- Paid Tuition
- Health and Life Insurance
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Retirement plan
- Thrift Savings Plan
- 13-26 days of paid vacation per year
Annual Leave (Personal/Vacation Leave) accrues biweekly at the rate of 4 hours for the first 3 years of government service. After 3 years of service, annual leave accrues at the rate of 6 hours. After 15 years of service, annual leave accrues at the rate of 8 hours. However, Annual Leave can only be accrued up to 240 hours per year, after that, you must “use it or lose it”.
- 13 days of sick leave per year
Sick Leave accrues biweekly at the rate of 4 hours. Accumulation of sick leave is unlimited.
- More information about employee benefits
The U.S. Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer