Puget Sound Naval Shipyard and Intermediate Maintenance Facility (PSNS & IMF) is pleased to announce, in
Southwest Regional Maintenance Center, NAVAIR's Fleet Readiness Center Southwest, Portsmouth Naval Shipyard
Detachment and Southwestern College; a four-year, accredited, co-operative education opportunity.
Who Can Apply?
An individual who:
- is 18 years of age or older at time of hire
- is able to show proof of U.S. Citizenship
- meets Security and Physical Fitness requirements
FAQs & Helpful Links
How to Apply to the Student Trainee Program (Apprentice)
To apply for the Student Trainee Program you must submit your application to the USAJobs.gov announcement, which we expect to be in September 2013.
General Student Trainee Program (Apprentice) Information
- Competitive Salaries
- Regular Raises
- Advancement Opportunities
- Full Time Employment
- On-the-Job Learning (OJL)
- Paid Tuition
- Health and Life Insurance
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Retirement plan
- Thrift Savings Plan
- 13-26 days of paid vacation per year
Annual Leave (Personal/Vacation Leave) accrues biweekly at the rate of 4 hours for the first 3
government service. After 3 years of service, annual leave accrues at the rate of 6 hours. After 15 years of
leave accrues at the rate of 8 hours. However, Annual Leave can only be accrued up to 240 hours per year,
after that, you
must “use it or lose it”.
- 13 days of sick leave per year
Sick Leave accrues biweekly at the rate of 4 hours. Accumulation of sick leave is
- More information about employee benefits
The U.S. Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer