Technical Information Systems
|Technical Information Systems
|Product Data Acquisition and Integration Methods
|Sailor Performance Support
R & D, Design, Assess, Apply Advanced Information Technology to Assist Navy Technical Data & Process Owners Achieve Affordable Improvement of Applications, Ashore and Afloat.
The Technical Information Systems Branch is responsible for the following knowledge areas:
- Processes, tools, and technologies for the acquisition, creation, management, and use of Navy Ship and Ship Systems Product Data.
- Data Standards & Technology for Digital Product/Technical Data
- Electronic Technical Manuals/Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (ETM/IETM) Technology
- Requirements definition, concept formulation, design, development, and specification of electronic sailor performance support systems.
- Technologies and processes for the application of performance enhancing devices and the delivery/presentation of electronic ship engineering, product, and technical data.
- ETM/IETM Technology and Implementation Support to OPNAV,
NAVSEA and USMC
- Navy XML/SGML Repository
- NAVSEA IETM Acquisition & Specification Support - MIL-DTL-24784C
- NAVSEA, Navy, DoD and International IETM Standardization - S1000D
- SGML and XML Implementation Support to OPNAV, USMC, and Navy Activities
- Shared Data Environment for Training and Operations & Maintenance
- Navy Technical Data Content Management
- Fleet Technical Data Knowledge Management (TDKM)
- Shipboard Non-tactical Application Delivery Interface System (SNADIS)
- Electronic Performance Support Systems
- Intelligent Graphics