Enable Strategic Innovation for the Undersea Force
Align Science & Technology (S&T) Providers, Industry, Academia, Resource Sponsors and Acquisition Offices to Meet the Future Capability Needs of the Undersea Force
Collaboration | Communication | Creativity | Innovation | Resourcefulness
USW CTO is the Honest Broker for USW Technology Development
The organization brings together S&T providers, industry, academia, resource sponsors and acquisition offices to meet the future capability needs of Undersea Warfare.
COMSUBFOR Assigned Responsibilities of USW CTO
1. Develop S&T objectives (STOs) aligned with Chief of Naval Operations' guidance and Undersea Warfare future capability visions to guide S&T investments.
2. Maintain a healthy and vibrant relationship with Chief of Naval Research (CNR) and Director of Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA).
3. Evaluate progress of ongoing S&T efforts by comparing progress with desired results and managing transitions with resource sponsors and acquisition program offices.
4. Conduct periodic reviews to evaluate and balance S&T investments.
5. Leverage S&T efforts across the Navy to realize capability needs, affordably.
• Publish USW S&T Strategy
• Publish USW S&T Objectives (STOs)
• Maintain USW S&T Portfolio Database
• Publish USW S&T Portfolio Assessment
• Assist with finding non-Program Office funding to support USW needs
• Assist with the transition of S&T to acquisition
• Assist with technology road map development
• Scout new and innovative technologies (Technology Pull)
• Assist with the transition of S&T to the acquisition community (Technology Push)
• Central clearinghouse for S&T providers, industry and academia to communicate with the Undersea Warfare community
• Host Technical Forums
A major goal of the Undersea Warfare Chief Technology Officer and staff are to maintain their fingers on the pulse of the future technology needs of the warfighter and match them to innovators in government, industry, academia and internationally that can address these needs.
Whether a need, a concept or an idea or if you just want to discuss the intricacies of the science and technology development process, email the chief technology office at USWCTO@navy.mil