For Employment Information, search the jobs database at USAjobs.gov or follow us on LinkedIn.
What is NSWC Corona? Who are we looking for?
NSWC Corona is looking for creative engineers and scientists in a variety of disciplines. You do not need to enlist in the Navy to work for us and serve your country! NSWC Corona consists mostly of civilian employees with some active duty and reserve Sailors.
Why work for us?
NSWC Corona values your quality of life and a work/life balance. We offer our civilian employees a flexible schedule, competitive salaries and generous benefits in an informal workplace that is home to three premiere federal laboratories.
NSWC Corona is located halfway between San Diego and Los Angeles, in the Inland Empire, an area that offers a variety of recreational activities and entertainment. Enjoy the pleasures offered by the cool blue Pacific Ocean or visit one of the many attractions, including Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm; and nearby Los Angeles, San Diego and Orange Country are famed for sports, shopping, concerts and restaurants. Soak up the sun at the beach, go hiking in the warm desert sands or cool off in the mountains with a little skiing. Housing is readily available in one of the many surrounding communities, including Norco, Corona, and Riverside. TIME Magazine reported a trend in adults aged 25-34 who are moving to Riverside for it's eclectic mix of activities and development. And once you enter through the gates of NSWC Corona, you'll pass by the beautiful Lake Norconian -- home to a wide variety of wildlife and migratory waterfowl -- a breathtaking sight as you begin your first day, helping to keep America's warfighters safe and equipped. We also have personnel working around the world in places like Washington, D.C.; Crete, Greece; Fallon, Nev.; Yuma, Ariz.; Cherry Point, N.C.; Beaufort, S.C.; and at our detachment in Fallbrook, Calif.
Starting in November 1999, NSWC Corona implemented a new personnel demonstration project. This project includes several initiatives designed to enhance our ability to attract, develop and recognize high-performance employees. Starting salaries for professionals under the NSWC Corona demonstration project are:
Degree Grade Salary:
Bachelor’s ND-02 $65,977
Master’s ND-03 $67,346
PhD ND-03 $88,194
Potential promotion opportunities. Engineering employees have promotion potential to the ND-04 level. They may be rewarded for good performance with promotions, bonuses and permanent pay increases.
Throughout your career at NSWC Corona, several career enhancement tools will be available:
- On-the job training during working hours.
- Tuition reimbursement for work-related courses.
- Temporary changes in work schedule to accommodate class schedule.
- Specialized short courses in technical and administrative fields offered by universities and industry.
- Various Master’s programs offered on site.
- Excellent universities within easy driving distance.
NSWC Corona performs a unique and vital function for the defense of our country, and while no site is completely immune to government cutbacks, NSWC Corona is positioned well for the future.
Travel is often part of the job. This is a great opportunity to see the world while working with top professionals in unique locations.
Flexibility in work schedule
NSWC Corona offers their employees Flextime which allows flexible work schedules, as well as a compressed work week that provides for every other Friday off by working nine-hour days.
In addition to 10 paid federal holidays, new employees earn 13 vacation days per year, increasing to 20 days after three years and 26 days after 15 years. Additionally, all employees earn 13 days of sick leave per year.
As an employee of the Federal Government, you will be eligible to be enrolled in the Federal Employee’s Health Benefits (FEHB) and the Federal Employee’s Group Life Insurance (FEGLI) programs.
New employees are covered under the Federal Employee’s
Retirement System (FERS) and Social Security. The
Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) is also available to employees
and allows them to contribute up to 10% of their salary into
their retirement fund with the government matching up to the first 5%.
NSWC Corona maintains nine distinct, inherently governmental, engineering capabilities. These are:
The work assignments at NSWC Corona are interesting and are both worthwhile and essential to the Department of Defense. The work provides the following opportunities and benefits:
- Weapons and Combat Systems Performance Assessment
- Fleet Exercise Assessment
- Tactical Training Range Engineering
- Quality Engineering; Readiness Assessment
- Test Systems Assessment
- Metrology Systems Engineering
- Interface Assessment
- Information Systems Engineering
- Opportunity to work with and analyze some of the most complex electronic and electromechanical systems in the world.
- Opportunity to work with developing state-of-the-art systems (e.g. AEGIS combat systems).
- Opportunity to have essentially unlimited use of one of the most powerful computer complexes in the country.
- A work environment that is unrestricted in opportunities to assume responsibility and develop capabilities early in one’s career.
- Opportunity to acquire power early in one’s career due to the position of authority vested in Government employees' relation to Government contractors.
- Opportunity to demonstrate career potential to a wide cross-section of the technical community through contacts with upper echelon management in contractor plants and other Navy activities
With the Sea Air Federal Credit Union conveniently located on base, your banking has never been easier. They offer full banking services including, savings and checking accounts, credit cards, loans, and more.
Positions for which we are currently hiring
Specifically, we are looking for US citizen candidates in the following areas:
(many positions available)
(limited positions available)
||Operations Research Analyst
Positions are available at all degree levels. In some cases, other disciplines might qualify in one of these areas depending on course work and experience. For example, a statistician might qualify to be hired as a mathematician, etc. Check with us, if you are not sure if you qualify.
How do I apply?
To apply, please search our Vacancy Announcements and follow the directions in the vacancy for which you qualify. You can also follow us on LinkedIn to receive job notifications as they become available. For tips on applying to USAJobs.gov, please click on the flyer below.
NSWC Corona Division is an Equal Opportunity Employer.