The Southeast Regional Maintenance Center (SERMC) is a World Class organization providing surface ship maintenance, modernization and technical expertise in support of the ships of the US Navy, the world’s finest. SERMC also provides visiting vessel services to foreign navies. We provide the highest level of maintenance, repair, technical expertise, training, craftsmanship and professionalism to the ships and sailors of the U.S. Fleet and the SERMC military and civilian workforce. Our command motto is "Customer Service is Job One."
SERMC is fully committed to the mission of meeting our customers’ needs. We enjoy unsurpassed success because of our dedication to the mission and our employees. Our reputation of commitment and competence is known throughout the fleet and well documented in testimony, on-time underways and ships that return safely from sea. In an era of high operational tempos, tight maintenance budgets and reduced manning at maintenance facilities, SERMC’s premier service and organizational focus ensures the job is done right, on time and for less. That’s why Mayport is the maintenance port of choice for ships of the fleet.
SERMC is the maintenance organization getting jobs done right and with passion. We were awarded the Regional Maintenance Center Excellence Award in 2011 and 2012 from Commander Navy Regional Maintenance Center, recognizing SERMC's excellence amongst all the RMC's. We are a NAVSEA organization, first responders, and purveyors of lifecycle maintenance for our ships.
SERMC is comprised of several previous organizations known for excellence in ship repair and sustaining operational commitments. SIMA, SUPSHIP, and FTSCLANT are just some of the past commands that make SERMC great. Our embedded partner commands PMR (PEO/IWS), NAVSEA, SURFMEPP, SURFLANT, and our Counsel all contribute heavily to the award winning posture of SERMC.
To provide outstanding management and execution of ship maintenance, modernization, fleet technical support and training of Sailors. Customer Service is Job One.
To provide our customers "Top Notch" services ensuring our ships have the best material readiness in the fleet.
• We are committed to excellence in the support we provide and will hold ourselves fully accountable for the quality and quantity of the services delivered.
• People are our most valuable resource. We are committed to providing them a safe and healthy working environment that fosters teamwork, mutual respect and provides ample opportunity for both professional and personal growth.
• We will uphold our Navy core values of honor, courage, and commitment in all we do.
• We continuously strive to improve our work processes through innovative thinking, use of the latest available technology, effective data collection and analysis.
• We are dedicated to open and effective communication, and will proactively seek meaningful feedback from stakeholders.
• We will abide by all federal, state and local regulations regarding equal opportunity, environmental protection, occupational safety, and responsible stewardship of taxpayer resources.